Research has shown that our thoughts, emotions and behaviours are interconnected and influence one another.
Therefore you can change, or at least influence, one by changing another.
Questions to ask when approaching situations in a restorative way.
- What happened?
- What were you thinking about at the time?
- What have your thoughts been since?
- How do you feel about what has happened?
- Who has been affected by what’s happened?
- In what ways have they been affected?
- What needs to happen to make things right?
Promoting a Restorative Approach to Learning
Our school community is committed to using Restorative Practice to:
- Promote respect, responsibility and emotional well-being.
- Develop and nurture safe, healthy and positive relationships between children, parents and staff.
- Encourage learning behaviours that demonstrate a growth mind-set and a ‘can do’ attitude.